At 09:42 04-01-2002 -0500, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
>On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 01:13:56AM -0500, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> > amrecover doesn't seem to have a way to deal with
> > whitespace in directory/file names.  I've tried
> > wildcards (*, ., ?), quoting (single and double)
> > and ignoring the spaces actually there.
>
>You can 'add' or 'addx' files with space using wildcards or regex.
>If you want to cd to a directory with space you need the latest
>2.4.3b1 from http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~martinea/amanda

Im using amanda 2.4.3b2. It sems that there are still problems cd'ing to
directories containing whitespace:

AMRECOVER Version 2.4.3b2. Contacting server on XXXX ..
amrecover> setdisk /home/drivers
200 Disk set to /home/drivers.
amrecover> ls
2002-01-11 HP4000/
2002-01-11 HP890 Color/
2002-01-11 wacom/
2002-01-11 webcam3/
amrecover> cd HP890 Color/
Invalid directory - HP890
Invalid command - parse error
amrecover>

This is consistent with all directories containing whitespace. The disk
above is a ext3 directory on a RH7.1 box. Fun thing is that
filenamecompletion (tab) works perfectly, the part after whitespace. I can
add using wildcards so it more annoying than an actual problem.

Best
Kasper