Hi there list.
  I'm running amanda 2.4.2 on a RH7.1 box with 2.4.2-2. I recently read
in the archives about making chunksizes 1Gb instead of 2 due to amanda
tacking on stuff at the end, making those file too large. Too late, I'm
afraid, as I'm trying to restore a set of files from a level0 of a sun
box. I was able to get the archive off of the tape medium, and it's size
is:2468577280. restore on the linux box in question fails with "File too
large" (version 0.4b21). I was also able to get the file to the sun box
it was backed up from, but ufsrestore complains that "Volume is not in
dump format", which I assume is because it is a file made by dump, not
ufsdump.

So the question is: WHAT CAN I DO? Is there any way to get this
directory extricated from this honking big 2 gig file? Second, I
_thought_ that the 2.4 kernel was supposed to do away with the 2gb file
size limitations. Am I misinformed?

--
Matthew Boeckman                        (816) 777-2160
Manager - Systems Integration           Saepio Technologies