I'm not as slow as my questions indicate

Scenario:
Starting up the production tape server have installed 2.4.2.  Disklist
has partitions on the tape server only (initial population).  Ran
amcheck <conf> and it fails saying that the host is down.   The client
and the tape server are one in the same.

1. ) netstat -a shows that the port is being listened
2.) parameters in /etc/inetd.conf and /etc/services are the settings
that patch-system appends (index, tape, and amanda daemon)
3. ) ls -lu shows that the access time on the amandad doesn't change
since install time (which means that the daemons aren't talkin' to each
other)
4.) debug is created in the tmp space and indicates that it was local
 and an attempt was made (see pasted)

amcheck: debug 1 pid 16456 ruid 9732 euid 0 start time Wed Jan 30
14:55:13 2002
amcheck: dgram_bind: socket bound to 0.0.0.0.1001
amcheck: pid 16456 finish time Wed Jan 30 14:55:43 2002

I would understand if it was a external box, but this is the same box.

Any ideas????

Don Potter