I'm in a dilemma,  we added some new servers to the backup schedule,
some monsterously inefficient lotus notes servers, where their data
directory is already 27gb,  I'm using DLT40 without hardware compression
so that gives me 20 GB tapes.

I know that one of the few things amanda can't do is span one partition
across multiple tapes. That is still the case right?

I can only see two solutions, get bigger hardware, or buy commercial
backup software that can span tapes.  Does anybody have any other ideas
on how I can back these up with the existing hardware and software?

--
Jeff Bearer, RHCE
Webmaster