Hello All,

After adding ALL: ALL to my /etc/hosts.deny file, amrecover stopped working.

Before I go on, let me explain how I use amrecover; I never use it from the
client, only from the server. I recover files and folders to a web directory
on the amanda server and the clients pick them up thru the web or ftp. Each
client has their own recovery directory on the server, and the server runs
SSL to encrypt the data transfer. It's simple, and it works good in my
situation.

Anyway, amrecover stopped working after I added ALL: ALL to /etc/hosts.deny,
even though the server's IP was included in /etc/hosts.allow. When I added
ALL: 127.0.0.1 to /etc/hosts.allow everything worked fine again.

Thought this might help others who have had this problem.

Brad