So, I've got a share called web sitting on a box. Inside web are 28gb.
Eventually, I'll back up the whole thing, but at the moment, I'd like to
only backup a directory called cos.

If I specify cos, it seems to bomb:

In my disklist:

adv2.kellogg.nwu.edu        //adv.kellogg.nwu.edu/web/cos      nocomp-user-gnutar

In my /etc/amandapass:

//adv.kellogg.nwu.edu/web/cos     amanda%xxxxxx

But...

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
ERROR: adv2.kellogg.nwu.edu: [cannot find password for
//adv.kellogg.nwu.edu/web/cos]
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.950 seconds, 1 problem found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.3b2)

Why it doesnt find it is beyond me.
The sharename is /web - I'm guessing this bombs because I cant specify a
directory structure after the /web ? If I remove /cos from both disklist
and amandapass and have this:

Disklist:
adv2.kellogg.nwu.edu        //adv.kellogg.nwu.edu/web      nocomp-user-gnutar

Amandapass:
adv.kellogg.nwu.edu/web/     amanda%xxxxxx

It SEEMS ok, but not really...

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
Client check: 1 host checked in 1.211 seconds, 0 problems found
(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.3b2)

But here's the other thing - it says 1 host checked, but I've got TWO
hosts under my disklist ... so whats up with that... Whatever.

So, I try running a dump anyway, and i get this: - this is a tapeless
setup btw, if that makes any difference.

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  adv2.kello //adv.kellogg.nwu.edu/web lev 0 FAILED [can't switch to
incremental dump]

???? The other samba share backs up fine...

HOSTNAME     DISK        L ORIG-KB OUT-KB COMP% MMM:SS  KB/s MMM:SS  KB/s
adv2.kellogg -delormdocs 1    1690   1690   --    0:52  32.2   N/A   N/A
adv2.kellogg -wu.edu/web 0 FAILED ---------------------------------------

For the record, adv is a unix box running samba. I know I can install the
client but for right now I'm just trying to fool around and get a feel for
how things work...

Ideas?