At 04:38 AM 2/7/2002 -0500, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
>On Thu, 7 Feb 2002 at 10:19am, Sascha Wuestemann wrote
>
> > I found out, that a reboot of the amandaserver causes the night
> following backup to fail,
> > because /tmp is emptied by the system after wakeup.

>   --with-tmpdir[=/temp/dir] area Amanda can use for temp files

If a system is erasing  /tmp   (on a reboot,  or on any schedule)
does Amanda recreate its      /tmp/amanda   directory,
or expect it to already be there?      Is that where the
problem arises?

(still reading & re-reading;   wondering if this is going to cause
me probs too when I try my first configurations)
Deb Baddorf

Deb Baddorf         [EMAIL PROTECTED]              840-2289
"You can't help getting older, but you don't have to get old."
- George Burns                                          <IXOYE><