Oops. Do you have "runtapes 2" ? I think you would have to mark all of the
tapes that are in this run as no-reuse to get it to cycle around.

Do you have runtapes * runspercycle = tapecycle? (ie, runtapes=2,
runspercycle=5, tapecycle=10 or something like that?) I should have been
more explicit about there needing to be spare tapes in the rotation for
no-reuse to do what you would expect.

>From what I've seen on the list, it's a good idea to have tapecycle >
runtapes*runspercycle, for just this reason. You can temporarily pull a tape
from the rotation without confusing AMANDA. (For example, I have runtapes=1,
runspercycle=5, tapecycle=30, so I have six complete backup sets, one for
each of the last six weeks. I picked those numbers based on the number of
tape magazines I had for my changer.)

Good Luck.