Use amrmtape to remove a tape from the tapelist.  You may then relabel your
tape.

-----Original Message-----
From: chandrasekar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 12:22 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Reg:Do we have to label the cleaning tape?

Hi everyone
   I have a HP-DAT 24*6 tape drive attached to my amanda Back-up server. I
have few questions.
i) I had earlier labelled all the six tapes. Then I replaced one of the
tapes(slot 6) with the cleaning tape. I tried labelling the cleaning tape
with the same label that I gave for the normal tape. But it gave me this
error
"amlabel: could not load slot "6": Cleaning Cartridge Installed and Ejected"
ii) How do I in general relabel the tapes?When I tried amlabel it says
tape already labelled .
iii) How do I eject my magazine? I used the eject button in the tape drive
eject the magazine to place the cleaning tape into the magazine, but it
loads
the first tape and not the one(say 4) which was there before I ejected(which

seems quite obvious). But how do I bring back to the original
configuration(ie 4)
iv) How do I skip the tapelist order? Suppose I want to backup for today at
tape 5 while the default is 3. what should I do in this case?
      I would be grateful if I receive answer to most of the questions if
not
all. thanks in advance
regards
chandrasekar