[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have 17 ~50G tapes...
>
> I also have approximately 50G to backup.

If it's going to be <50Gb after compression then you can run full
backups every day with dumpcycle=0.  If it won't fit you could set
dumpcycle=2.  Set your weekly backups to no-reuse until they're a
month old.  Then put them back in the cycle and set the no-reuse
on whatever tape you call the monthly backup.
Set your tapecycle down to 7 so you can reuse tapes every week if
needed.
--
  [EMAIL PROTECTED] - HMC UNIX Systems Manager
  My opinions are my own and probably don't represent anything anyway.