Hi,

> I'm using the .amanda.exclude.gtar script to exclude a few things
> from our backup.
> I am having a problem with netscape cache.  In the exclude script I
> have the following line:
> */.netscape/cache/*
>
> I still get problems in the backup report:
> ? gtar: ./home/monachus/.netscape/cache/13/cache3C2C0E93DA8B3B8.css:
> Warning:
>    Cannot stat: No such file or directory

I think gtar expects regular expressions. What you have written is just
shell wildcarding - not half as powerful by the way.

Better try

.*/.netscape/cache/.*

The "." means exact one character, the asterisk means "none or more of
the thing before".

For more information see "man regexp" :-)

Regards,

Christopher