In a message dated: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 11:08:35 +1100
"Ben Wong" said:

>Hi,
>
>I have several partitions using XFS and would like to ask how I can use
>xfsdump with Amanda?
>
>The backup server runs on Debian Linux and the debian packages amanda-server
>amanda-common and amanda-client are installed.

You should be able to just configure, compile, and install the amanda
client sw on that system and it should work.  The ./configure script
should look for xfsdump and note it's location for use with xfs
partitions.

I didn't have to do anything special for my system running xfs under
Linux, other than create a symlink to where amanda was looking for
xfsdump (IRIX places the binary in a different location than it ends
up under Linux, and configure didn't detect it).  But that's since
been fixed IIRC.
--

Seeya,
Paul

                          God Bless America!

        ...we don't need to be perfect to be the best around,
                and we never stop trying to be better.
                       Tom Clancy, The Bear and The Dragon