Zhen Liu
Via Webmail
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
------ Forwarded message -------

From: Zhen Liu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 12:03:21 -0500

Hi,

I am working on the amanda backup project now, and I am a newbie for
both amanda and linux... right now, I have some problem with our tape
changer...SOS!!! & HELP!!!

The OS I am working on is Linux RH7.1, the tape changer we have is
Adic Fastor, Quantum 7000 tape drive.

I guess that something must be wrong with my configuration...when i
run amcheck i get "amcheck-server: could not get changer info: open:
/dev/sg0: success"

-----relevant part from /etc/amanda/daily/amanda.conf----

runtapes 2
tpchanger "chg-scsi"
tapedev "0"
changerfile "etc/amanda/DailySet1/changer.conf"
changerdev "dev/sg0

----- /etc/amanda/DailySet1/changer.conf-----
number_configs   1
# eject          1
sleep            60
cleanmax         1000
changerdev       /dev/sg0

#
# Next comes the data for drive 0
#
config           0
drivenum         0
dev              /dev/nst0
startuse         0
enduse           6
statfile         /etc/amanda/DailySet1/st0-slot
cleancart        -1
cleanfile        /etc/amanda/DailySet1/st0-clean
usagecount       /etc/amanda/DailySet1/st0-totaltime

So, I am totally lost...Help?

Thanks...

Zhen Liu
Via Webmail