On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Eric Trager wrote:

-
- Hi all,
-
- I'm happily using chg-scsi with our StorEdge and backups are going well.
- Thanks to you all for helping me sort out a couple of things.
-
- I've tried to find an answer to this in the archives but to no avail. The
- StorEdge we use has a barcode reader, and the tapes are physically
- labelled. If I use mtx to check status, I get a nice list of tapes and
- barcode entries.
-
- I have an entry for labelfile in my changer config file, but when I run
- the chg-scsi -info command, I get
-
- 10 20 1 0
-
- The fourth entry indicates I have no reader, but I do. How can I tell
- amanda and chg-scsi that there's a reader to use?

In changer.conf set havereader=1

-- Stephen Carville
UNIX and Network Administrator
DPSI (formerly Ace USA Flood Services)