On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Eric Trager wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Doug Silver wrote:
>
> > On 14 Mar 2002, Brad Tilley wrote:
> >
> > > I'll send you a copy once it's complete. I wouldn't want to send it the
> > > whole list. Apparently, only a handful are interested in it.
> >
> > I disagree -- one of the things that I (and others I've talked to) have
> > noticed is that while Amanda is feature rich, it's documentation is
> > lacking.  Why not post it somewhere so other's can read through it and
> > potentially add to it.  Even if it's just from the client/end-user
> > perspective, I think it's better than nothing.
>
> Well put. Anything documenting successes and failures along the way that
> ends up searchable in the archives is a Good Thing. I've searched for
> issues with all kinds of programs on deja.com for years and sometimes it's
> a lone reply in a single thread that gives me a solution.

If you don't have the web space for it, I'd be willing to put it up.
Or maybe amanda.org would like it.

I've been having massive problems with using amanda with kerberos, in
large part due to lack of documentation. You'd better believe that
when I finally get all done, I am going to put up a document telling
how to do it.

--Ruth Anne