--On Saturday, March 23, 2002 21:40:49 -0800 Mr Igor Vertiletsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
 > when I ran "amcheck Linux1Set" on the server I get
> this error:
>
> ERRROR: linux1: [access as amanda not allowed from
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]] amandahostsauth
> failed

Whenever you get an error like that, look at the string containing
the "@", put what follows the @ on the left and what's before the
@ on the right, and don't put the @ itself anywhere.  For example,
your error contains [EMAIL PROTECTED], so your
line in .amandahosts should be:

Linux2.igorsputerfarm.local     amanda

Good luck,
Frank

--
Frank Smith                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Administrator                                     Voice: 512-374-4673