* Uncle George <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 06:19:19AM -0500)
> It seems like when the whole procedure ( whether its labeling tape(s),
> amchecking tape, or amdumping ) is complete, the tape is left in the
> tape drive in an on-line state.
> Is there some reason why the tape is not at least rewind-offlined, or
> for tape changer folks rewoffl/unload'ed back to the carousel slot when
> the job/task is finished?

Dunno,
my crontab sez:
0 18 * * 1-5 /volume/amanda/sbin/amdump lto; mt -f /dev/rmt/3h rewoffl

works like a charm.

Currently listening to: Helloween - If I Could Fly

        Gerhard,  <@jasongeo.com>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O  Some say the end is near.
 =`\<,  Some say we'll see armageddon soon