On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 at 11:12am, Juanjo wrote

> Is it possible to run amanda "without-tapes" so it dumps only to holding
> disk?
> But what I mean is not to take off the tapes physically but disabling tape
> writing. I want to accumulate incrementals worth a week and flush them on
> friday to a tape...

If this is what you want to do, just don't put a tape in on Mon-Fri.  Then
do your amflush(es) on Friday.  Note that you'll need to set your reserve
to a low number to have room for full backups and you'll need enough
holding space.

Also keep in mind that if that disk crashes on Thursday night/Friday
morning, you've lost a week's worth of backups...

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering