Greetings

I am having a problem with amrestore with backups made using gnutar.
I hope this is not in some doc I have missed or in the list archives, I
have spent a lot of time looking.

Lets say the server has the following hhd config:

/dev/sda8             251M  110M  127M  47% /
/dev/sda1              53M  3.8M   46M   8% /boot
/dev/sda6             3.1G  568M  2.4G  19% /home
/dev/sda5             3.1G  1.7G  1.2G  57% /usr
/dev/sda7             251M  123M  115M  52% /var

So I have a entry in disklist for the following (for the host)
client    /                            root-tar
client    /boot                     user-tar
client    /home                   user-tar
client    /usr                       user-tar
client    /var                       user-tar
Note: thay all use gtar (although confusing, the archives seem
to indicate gnutar is a better option than dump with 2.4.x kernals)
Also since amanda uses the --one-file-system option with gnutar
I have one entry per partition.

Now if amanda backs up more that one partition on the tape in one run, I
could have
/boot
/
/home
say, on one tape, and in this order.

Now to restore I do the following on the client
ssh amandaserver "amrestore -p /dev/nst0 host" >> host.tar
The first entry in the achive is extracted (/boot) and amrestore stops.

Now, if I were to say use the following in an attempt to get the / archive:
ssh amandaserver "amrestore -p /dev/nst0 host /" >> host.tar
Once again /boot is extracted and amrestore stops once done.

So then, without having to extract the entire archive without amrestore,
how can I get the / partition from the tape as /boot is found first, matches
the diskname (at least in terms of regular expressions), extracts and stops?

Config is:
    amanda 2.4.2p2
    tar 1.13.19 (client) and tar 1.13.25 (server)
    (BTW, will change all to 1.13.25 as I am still missing files with
1.13.19, ie on this
    host 823megs off 1.7gigs in usr was backed up :-( , clients with 1.13.25
    seem to be fine)

Regards
Warren