On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 at 3:23pm, Doug Johnson wrote

> Thanks Joshua. R'ing every manual I can find I was trying to come up with a
> solution to a problem that I am having. When I choose the root file system
> (/) called sda5 and put it in the disklist as follows:
>
> schroeder sda5 nocomp-root
>
> I receive the following error when I do an amcheck:
>
> ERROR: schroeder: [could not access sda5 (sda5): No such file or directory]
>
> I though that maybe it didn't like the fact that it was a / filesystem so I
> was trying to just use the directories that I specify. If I exclude that
> filesystem everything works ok. Whats up with /? And what page did you find
> that information on? :>

2.4.2p2 has some issues with mapping device names to directories on Linux.
There's a patch for this at <http://www.amanda.org/patches.html>.

Note that you may want to consider using directory names rather than
devices.  It comes in handy if you move stuff around.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering