Thanks for all the info.

Of course the solution of restoring to the second
drive bfore the 1st one fails is simply ingenius.

BTW, what is kickstart config file? Could just point
me in the right direction.

It's just that this machine is an old pentiom 100 box.
It does not do much, except firewall, router, DNS, and
other crucial functions, so I would like to be able to
restore it as quickly as possible.

Thanks again for all the help.

Igor.