Frank,

Thanks!  Here is some more info.

I am using the Qualstar under HPUX.

I haven't found a way to address the tapes individually.  I see
only two SCSI devices, whether I use the "RANDOM" or "SEQUENTIAL"
modes on the Qualstar.  Is that how yours works too?
Does Amanda have some way of accessing the individual tapes?

Also, if a dump image is bigger than one physical tape, I don't
think amanda would work.  I'm just starting on the task now,
so I'm not sure that would be the case.  What is your experience
in this area?

Thanks!!

David