> >My amdump email report starts out:
> >
> >These dumps were to tape daily001.
> >The next tape Amanda expects to use is: daily001.
>
> This in itself, is odd, very odd.  Your amanda.conf seems to be
> out of whack somehow.

Well, that could very well be, I suppose...

> >(brought to you by Amanda version 2.4.2p2)
>
> Was this an rpm installed version?

No. I am running FreeBSD ports. I installed Amanda in January... I think it
was done using the FreeBSD ports collection.

> And whats an 'amcheck /config/' report?

%amcheck daily
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape daily001 label ok
NOTE: info dir /usr/local/etc/amanda/daily/curinfo: does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run
Server check took 5.145 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.114 seconds, 0 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.2p2)

> >I'm not really sure where to start looking for answers here.
> >Can anyone suggest a starting point?
>
> Building your own from scratch has always worked here.  I have a
> short script that I use for the ./configure step so that each
> succeeding version remains compatible with the previous one by
> having the exact same options each time, and I'm currently
> running the 2.4.3b3-20020422 snapshot with a seagate changer.

I have no changer... A script sounds like a good idea.

Thanks,

Shawn