I have a file system on a client that I want to exclude directories
from being backed.  Every time the client runs the excluded directories
are backed up anyway.

I have a dump type that has exclude list specified as shown
below:

define dumptype listserv-root {
    global
    comment "listserv  has directories within the root file system to always exclude"
    exclude list "/local/amanda/sysconfdir/Email/excludelist_listserv"
}

This file system is on a client.  Hence I have placed this file on the
client at the location specified above has the contents shown below:

listserv> cat /local/amanda/sysconfdir/Email/excludelist_listserv
./var/log
./var/spool/mqueue
./usr/products/listserv/spool

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this or what to look for?

tHanKs
|  Terry McCoy                              email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     |
|  Sr Systems Engineer                      phone:  (574) 631-4274   |
|  Office of Information Technologies                                |
|  G012 Information Technology Center                                |
|  University of Notre Dame                                          |
|  Notre Dame, Indiana  46556                                        |