> #You need a separate infofile and logdir for each configuration, so create
>subdirectories for each conf

> Well, I don't have separate infofiles and logdirs for each config, and
> never have... Everything seems to be working fine, as I've done many
> restores from each config.

I have two configs, DAILY and WEEKLY, the first running Mon-Thu and
the second running Fri. Both have tapecycles of 5 and do full dumps
only.

It took me a long time to figure out why amrecover complained that
index records are not available when I tried to recover some files
from older WEEKLY configs. I checked and the indexes definitely
*were* available.

The problem turned out to be that both configs had the same logdir,
although they did have separate indexdirs. When DAILY backup ran, it
apparently checked the logdir and moved the logs that it considered
"old" into separate "oldlog" directory. Including the WEEKLY logs -
my DAILY config must have thought that these are so old that tapes
have been overwritten.

When I manually moved the logs back from the "oldlog" directory I
could sucessfully run amrecover.

After that I created separate logdirs for both configs, and haven't
had problems since.

This is with Amanda 2.4.2p1. It was also some months ago so I
apologize for not remembering the exact error messages that amrecover
gave me.

--
Toomas Aas | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Nostalgia isn't what it used to be...