Hi

I'm still trying to get the file: driver stuff working, but I
think the docs aren't telling me everything I need to know...
I'm not exactly clear on how this is supposed to be set up.

I have a directory /tapes/, inside of which resides the
directories tapes01 to tapes20

My amanda.conf file has the following info:

runtapes 1
changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/foo/changer.conf"
changerdev "file:/tapes/"

tapetype HARD-DRIVE
labelstr "Foo-[0-9][0-9]"

define tapetype HARD-DRIVE {
        comment "Hard Drive"
                length 102400 mbytes
}

And here's my changer.conf:

multieject 0
gravity 0
needeject 0
ejectdelay 0

statefile /usr/local/etc/amanda/foo/changer-status

firstslot 1
lastslot 20

slot 1 file:/tapes/tape01
slot 2 file:/tapes/tape02
slot 3 file:/tapes/tape03
slot 4 file:/tapes/tape04
slot 5 file:/tapes/tape05
slot 6 file:/tapes/tape06
slot 7 file:/tapes/tape07
slot 8 file:/tapes/tape08
slot 9 file:/tapes/tape08
slot 10 file:/tapes/tape10
slot 11 file:/tapes/tape11
slot 12 file:/tapes/tape12
slot 13 file:/tapes/tape13
slot 14 file:/tapes/tape14
slot 15 file:/tapes/tape15
slot 16 file:/tapes/tape16
slot 17 file:/tapes/tape17
slot 18 file:/tapes/tape18
slot 19 file:/tapes/tape19
slot 20 file:/tapes/tape20

When I do amcheck foo, I get the following error:

ERROR: /dev/null: rewinding tape: Inappropriate ioctl for device
       (expecting a new tape)

Am I way off track here?  Missing something, etc?
Do I need a tpchanger, and if so, what?

Thanks,
Ben S