On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 11:34:21AM -0400, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
> It should work if you allow full dump in degraded mode by setting the
> reserve parameter. It's the best solution if you have enough holding disk.

I can't really allow full dumps in degraded mode because I have some very
large filesystems (one of 60G, which hopefully will always compress enouth
to fit on tape) so if there is too much full dumps to flush the tape may be
too small.

> If you don't allow full dump in degraded mode, then I thing that setting
> runspercycle=7 will give better result at balancing full dump.

OK, I'll let it run a few days and see how it behave.

Thanks for the advices !

--
Manuel Bouyer, LIP6, Universite Paris VI.           [EMAIL PROTECTED]