Hi guys,
I'm getting my amanda server working, but I'm still having some probleme:
First I try to do a compilation on a Solaris 8 server, and it can't find the
library readline, here is what I get when I do a configure:
.
.
.
checking for readline.h... yes
checking for readline/history.h... yes
checking for readline/readline.h... yes
.
.
.
checking for readline in -lreadline... no
configure: warning: *** No readline library, no history and command line editing
 in amrecover!
.
.

and in the config.site I have:
INCLUDE_DIRS="/opt/include /opt/include/readline"
LIBRARY_DIRS="/opt/lib"

And I have the realine.so in /opt/lib:
libreadline.a
libreadline.so
libreadline.so.4

Is amanda looking for:
readline.a
readline.so
readline.so4

Instead of libreadline.* ?

The other thing is on my server when I use amcheck csd
orion:/opt/etc/amanda#amcheck csd
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /opt/etc/amanda/dump: 2627996 KB disk space available, that's
plenty
amcheck-server: could not get changer info: Request Sense: Long Report=yes

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
ERROR: orion.lsn.ca-indosuez.com: [GNUTAR program not available]
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.337 seconds, 1 problem found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.2p2)

Why it can find GNUTAR I have define in my config.site, so dosen't it should use
 this one ?
GNUTAR=/usr/local/bin/tar

And where dose it look for the changer information that the server is
complaining ?

Thanks,

Arno

DISCLAIMER - E-MAIL
The information contained in this E-Mail is intended for the named
recipient(s). It may  contain certain  privileged and confidential
information, or  information  which  is  otherwise  protected from
disclosure. If  you  are  not the intended recipient, you must not
copy,distribute or take any action in reliance on this information