From: Uncle George [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2002 5:51 AM
Cc: Amanda mailinglist
Subject: Re: Linux DUMP

Sorry, thats a general conclusion to most things in life.

Is there a situation(s) where DUMP can fail. If yes, why are there no
warning labels ( ie the probability of failure is 1 in 1billion ). If
NO, than can I see the proof that absolutely refutes Mr. Torvolds
statement.
/gat

Its interesting that I was unaware of this dilema ( the possible failure
of DUMP ) until it was posted on this list. Maybe others, as they post
DUMP v. TAR inquiries should also be made aware of this possible
scenario.
I'm also reasonably quite sure that most parents would not contemplate
placing small children ( as well as small adults ) in front seats with
air-bags - now-adays, even though testing proved that air-bags are safe,
and a proven safety feature.