From: Jonathan Murray [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 06 June 2002 18:25
To: Spicer, Kevin
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: disk offline - runtar as root

borzoi 63# pwd
/usr/freeware/libexec

-rwsr-x---    1 root     sys        21876 May 31 17:36 runtar

/etc/group:

borzoi 6% cat /etc/group
sys::0:root,bin,sys,adm,amanda
root::0:root
daemon::1:root,daemon
bin::2:root,bin,daemon
adm::3:root,adm,daemon
mail::4:root
uucp::5:uucp
rje::8:
lp:*:9:
nuucp::10:nuucp
user::20:amanda
CMWlogin::994:
other::995:
demos:*:997:
guest:*:998:
nobody:*:60001:

runtar attempt as user amanda:

borzoi 8% whoami
amanda
borzoi 7% ./runtar
runtar: error [must be invoked by root]

How do did you get runtar: error [must be invoked by amanda]
?

thank you,

-Jonathan Murray