Hi,

I have a number of directories which contain data files, and
the sum total of them is big - several tapes worth.  I have them
split into a number of "disks" in the disklist file.

When I want to back each up, I want the whole directory (disk) to be
backed-up, without doing an incremental of just some files.

It seemed easy to do - just set "skip-incr yes". But when I
do this, Amanda seems to also skip the algorithm for spreading
data evenly across tapes.  So what I think will happen is that
when they come due for level 0 again, I will get a big jump in the
number of tapes needed for one particular day.

I think the data spreading algorithm only works when incrementals
are enabled.  Is this correct?

Thanks in advance!

David