I'm running an Amanda server on a Linux (RH 7.2) machine to backup about
twenty client.
Every time a Win client fail *for some wrong share permission* (smbclient
can enter but not browse the network resource) and not for a time out, a
time-out of an Irix 6.5.15 client, waiting for an ack from the server,
occurs. As soon as samba works, Irix client starts over working well.
I don't understand the relation that is created among the two clients and
the server, keeping in mind that if a Unix client doesn't work for some
reason, Irix correctly works as it should.

Rough Amanda "topology":
Clients and server work on the same subnet.

Server: Linux RH 7.0, Amanda 2.4.2p2

Clients causing problems: Windows hosts sharing directories with wrong
permissions
Client having problem: Indigo 2 IRIX 6.5.15, Amanda 2.4.2p2

Do you have some suggestions ?

Thank you in advance for any reply.

 Best regards,

  Alessandro Prete
  ICT manager
  Polytechnic of Turin, branch of Alessandria / CdCMP
  phone: +39 (0)131-22.93.40
  eMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  CdCMP website: http://www.polial.polito.it/cdc