Hi,

  I've being using amanda for a couple of years. Recently I upgrade amanda from
2.4.1 to 2.4.2p2. I also upgrade the clients to 2.4.2p2. Now I have problems
with chg-scsi. I red once that the new version of amanda's chg-scsi changer
supports Exabyte's X220 library. I configured amanda.conf with chg-scsi:

tpchanger  "/usr/lib/amanda/chg-scsi"
tapedev "0"
rawtapedev "/dev/null"  # the raw device to be used (ftape only)
changerfile "/etc/amanda/Daily/chg-scsi.conf"
changerdev "/dev/sg0"

In  chg-scsi.conf I set eject > 0 (to use eject), changer to sg0, tape to nst0,
  cleancart to 1, rotate tapes between 10 and 19. Here is my chg-scsi.conf:

number_configs  1
eject           2       # Tapedrives need an eject command
sleep           25      # Seconds to wait until the tape gets ready
changerdev      /dev/sg0
# Next comes the data for drive 0
config          0 # Daily
drivenum        0
dev             /dev/nst0 # the device that is used for the tapedrive 0
scsitapedev
/dev/sg0
tapestatus      /home/amanda/Daily/tapestatus
labelfile       /home/amanda/Daily/labelfile
startuse        10
enduse          19
statfile        /home/amanda/Daily/statfile
cleancart       1
cleanfile       /home/amanda/Daily/tape-clean
usagecount      /home/amanda/Daily/totaltime

'chg-scsi -status' seems to recognize that the library has 21 elements:

DecodeModeSense : Element Address Assignment Page
         Medium Transport Element Address     86
         Number of Medium Transport Elements  1
         First Storage Element Address       0
         Number of  Storage Elements         21
         First Import/Export Element Address 0
         Number of  ImportExport Elements    0
         First Data Transfer Element Address 82
         Number of  Data Transfer Elements   1

but 'amtape <config> update' doesn't unload a tape to the slot from where it was
previously loaded but unload it always to slot 1 (that is declared as cleancart
and shouldn't be used). Than I get 'Input/output error':

[amanda@craft83 amanda]$ amtape Daily update
amtape: scanning all 10 slots in tape-changer rack:
slot 0: date 20020520 label Daily_00000039
slot 1: rewinding tape: Input/output error

What is wrong with my configuration?

Thanks in advance,
Ted

P.S. Here is the output from 'chg-scsi -status all'

[amanda@craft83 amanda]$ chg-scsi -status all
Ident = C1553A, type = HP Auto Loader [C1553A]
Ident = EXB-10e, type = Exabyte Robot [EXB-10e]
Ident = EXB-120, type = Exabyte Robot [EXB-120]
Ident = EXB-230D, type = Exabyte Robot [EXB-230D]
Ident = EXB-85058HE-0000, type = Exabyte Tape [EXB-85058HE-0000]
Ident = TDS 1420, type = Tandberg Robot (TDS 1420)
Ident = DLT7000, type = DLT Tape [DLT7000]
Ident = DLT4000, type = DLT Tape [DLT4000]
Ident = VLS DLT, type = ADIC VLS DLT Library [VLS DLT]
Ident = VLS SDX, type = ADIC VLS DLT Library [VLS SDX]
Ident = Scalar DLT 448, type = ADIC DLT 448 [Scalar DLT 448]
Ident = 215, type = Spectra Logic TreeFrog[215]
Ident = generic, type = Generic driver tape/robot [generic]
Address Type Status From
0000086 MTE  Empty  -001
0000000 STE  Empty  0082
0000001 STE  Full   -001
0000002 STE  Full   -001
0000003 STE  Full   -001
0000004 STE  Full   -001
0000005 STE  Full   -001
0000006 STE  Full   -001
0000007 STE  Full   -001
0000008 STE  Full   -001
0000009 STE  Full   -001
0000010 STE  Full   0082
0000011 STE  Full   -001
0000012 STE  Full   -001
0000013 STE  Full   -001
0000014 STE  Full   -001
0000015 STE  Full   -001
0000016 STE  Full   0082
0000017 STE  Full   0082
0000018 STE  Empty  0000
0000019 STE  Full   -001
0000020 STE  Full   -001
0000082 DTE  Full   0018

Sense Status from robot:
##### START DecodeExtSense
Extended Sense
##### START DecodeSense
Sense Keys
         ErrorCode                     70
         Valid                         0
         ASC                           00
         ASCQ                          00
         Sense key                     00
                 No Sense
         Log Parameter Page Code         00
         Log Parameter Code              00
         Underrun/Overrun Counter        00
         Read/Write Error Counter        1
         Remaing 1024 byte tape blocks   -128
         Tracking Retry Counter          00
         Read/Write Retry Counter        12
         Fault Sympton Code              00

Sense Status from tape:
##### START DecodeExtSense
Extended Sense
##### START DecodeSense
Sense Keys
         ErrorCode                     70
         Valid                         0
         ASC                           00
         ASCQ                          00
         Sense key                     00
                 No Sense
         Log Parameter Page Code         00
         Log Parameter Code              00
         Underrun/Overrun Counter        00
         Read/Write Error Counter        66
         Formatted Buffer parity Error
         Error Counter Overflow
         TapeMotion Error
         Logical Beginning of tape
         Write Protect
         Filemark Error
         Servo System Error
         Reverse Retries Required
         Tape Drive has been cleaned
         Write Splice Error
         Remaing 1024 byte tape blocks   2105376
         Tracking Retry Counter          20
         Read/Write Retry Counter        20
         Fault Sympton Code              20

DecodeModeSense : Element Address Assignment Page
         Medium Transport Element Address     86
         Number of Medium Transport Elements  1
         First Storage Element Address       0
         Number of  Storage Elements         21
         First Import/Export Element Address 0
         Number of  ImportExport Elements    0
         First Data Transfer Element Address 82
         Number of  Data Transfer Elements   1
DecodeModeSense : MT can store data cartridges 1
DecodeModeSense : ST can store data cartridges 1
DecodeModeSense : IE can store data cartridges 0
DecodeModeSense : DT can store data cartridges 1
DecodeModeSense : MT to MT 0
DecodeModeSense : MT to ST 1
DecodeModeSense : MT to IE 0
DecodeModeSense : MT to DT 1
DecodeModeSense : ST to MT 1
DecodeModeSense : ST to MT 1
DecodeModeSense : ST to DT 1
DecodeModeSense : IE to MT 0
DecodeModeSense : IE to ST 0
DecodeModeSense : IE to ST 0
DecodeModeSense : IE to ST 0
DecodeModeSense : DT to MT 1
DecodeModeSense : DT to ST 1
DecodeModeSense : DT to IE 0
DecodeModeSense : DT to DT 1

DecodeModeSense : Density Code ffffff9d
DecodeModeSense : Number of Blocks 1179734
DecodeModeSense : Block Length 65536
changer_dev  /dev/sg0
changer_file /home/amanda/Daily/statfile
tape_device  /dev/nst0

pTapeDev Null Pointer ....

pTapeDevCtl Devicefd   4
pTapeDevCtl Can SCSI   1