I apologize for the wasted bandwidth, but it seems the obvious must be
restated.  YOU CANNOT UNSUBSCRIBE FROM A LIST BY SENDING MAIL TO THAT LIST.
>From the AMANDA website:

>Amanda is completely unsupported and made available as-is. Unfortunately,
we don't usually have the time to answer all
>user questions and help all new sites get started. However, we do maintain
several mailing lists for those interested in Amanda.

>Please note:
>
>To subscribe or unsubscribe to a mailing list, DO NOT, EVER, send mail to
that list. Send mail to <listname>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>with the following line in the body of the message:
>subscribe <your-email-address>
>and when you want to unsubscribe, use the following line in the body:
>unsubscribe <your-email-address>
>where <listname> is one of the following:
>
>amanda-announce
>
>amanda-users
>
>amanda-hackers
Richard Sean Jaehne