On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Doug Silver wrote:

- Hi Stephen -
-
- At first glance this appears like you might have built the amanda client
- stuff with the tcp/udp portrange but not the amanda server.  I'm not sure
- since I'm using 2.4.2p2, so perhaps with this newer version the debug
- messages are different.  Does the amanda user have permission to
- open up privileged ports (<1024 -- I think)?  That almost seems the
- problem since if that user can't open up a connection on port 960 to
- listen, but it can on 59116.

I checked the config.status for both machines and I configured amanda
"--with-user=amanda --with-group=adm".  AFAIK, the default is no
portrange.

--
-- Stephen Carville
UNIX and Network Administrator