On Sun, 24 Mar 2002, Derrick Miller wrote:

> So, my questions:
>
> 1)  Does anyone have this changer working with Amanda?  I would give just
> about anything to get my hands on copies of working config and chg-zd-mtx
> files.

For what it may be worth, Derrick, I have a Sun StorEdge jukebox attached
to an Enterprise class Solaris system. While mtx itself worked, I never
got the chg-zd-mtx script to work. I had to do things like hard-code
variables just to even get it to run but I never got it to perform any
significant functions.

I inhereted the installation and found out that chg-scsi was never tried,
but lo and behold, I spent a little time tweaking it, it worked well, and
have used it ever since. It really is a great little program. The only
functionality that does not work for me right now is the barcode stuff but
Thomas Hepper has been working with me to make that work.

BTW, I use 2.4.3b2. The StorEdge is a 30-slot jukebox with two DLT IV tape
drives.

> Any pointers whatsoever would be greatly appreciated, as I've been beating my
> head against this for over a month and have made very little progress.

Good luck. If I hadn't discovered chg-scsi would do the job, I would have
tried writing my own perl script. Lots of people use chg-zd-mtx, though,
which always made me feel worse! :^P

Eric Trager
CMAG, DCB, CIT, NIH
[EMAIL PROTECTED]