I upgraded from amanda 2.4.2p2 to 2.4.3b3 and while I was doing it I chenged my
amanda user from root to bin. Firstly I started to get errors saying disklist,
/var/adm/* and /tmp/amanda/* was not readable. I have .amandahosts in /usr/bin
with the neccesary entries so I did not really understand this but I chowned
them to bin anyway. Now when I do a amcheck I get the following:

Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /export/dumps/amanda: 9436770 KB disk space available, using
8924770 KB
ERROR: cannot overwrite active tape SCMS14
       (expecting tape SCMS15 or a new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Server check took 6.083 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
ERROR: localhost: [DUMP does not support exclude file]
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.200 seconds, 1 problem found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.3b3)

I kept all the old database files hence it's expecting scms15 even though I have
not been able done a backup with the updated amdna yet?

It should be noted that this config just backs up partitions on the localhost.

I've just noticed that one of my dumps types has an exclude which is:

exclude "/tmp"

Is the exclude format different in amanda 2.4.3b3? It should be noted that this
config worked before going to *3b3 so I presume dump can handle excludes.

David Flood
Systems Administrator
The Rober Gordon University
Phone +44(0)1224 262721