Hello List,

Please help, any info appreciated on the following :

after installation of Amanda on a Sun Solaris 8 host
I recieve the following error when restarting inetd :

"inetd[320]: [ID 220303 daemon.error] amanda/udp: socket: Protocol not supported"

Checked /etc/inet/services, inetd.conf, .amandahosts, nsswitch.conf, nslookup....
found no (obvious) typos.
I've copied the lines in the services files an inetd.conf to five other Solaris 8
hosts, future clients, sighup the inetd's and no problems, amandad listening.

So, where to look on. Any suggestions  ?
Thanks in advance,
greetings, Rene

R. den Hertog
Corporate Unix Administrator Computer & Netwerk Services
Rotterdam Municipal Port Management

Phone      +31 (0)10 - 252 15 73
Fax        +31 (0)10 - 252 28 21
E-mail     [EMAIL PROTECTED]