Hi there,

  I am currently trying to configure Amanda version 2.4.2p2, using
Linux Redhat 7.3. The storage device used is HP Surestore DLT8000,
using tape HP DLT-IV.

  I ran "amcheck DailySet1/" as user amanda on the localhost and I
encountered the following error message: "Self-check request to host
127.0.0.1 timed out. Host down?" May I know how I should solve this
problem?

  Besides using devices /dev/st0 or /dev/nst0, can I access the tapes
with any other device names in Redhat? This is because I have
problems loading & unloading tapes using the amtape command.

  I am using the chg-multi changer script and in chg-multi.conf, the
following parameters were set as:
      "multieject 0"
      "gravity 0"
      "needeject 0"
      "ejectdelay 0"
      "statefile /etc/amanda/DailySet1/changer-status"
      "firstslot 1"
      "lastslot 1"
      "slot 1 /dev/nst0"

  "127.0.0.1 /var/lib/amanda nocomp-user" is also included in the
disklist file, which specifies the directory to be backed up.

  Thank you very much.

Regards,
Dallas Chee

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/mail_storage.html