Hopefully someone can help me solve my problems...

I've now completed yet another tape cycle with many many FAILED disks.  I
think some disks never got dumped at all.  Every day in the email report I
see pages of "lev 0 FAILED [dumps too big, but cannot incremental dump new
disk]" and "lev 1 FAILED [dumps way too big, must skip incremental dumps]".

I did "solve" my previous problem where one 16Gb disk was getting a full
dump every singe day, by deleting it from my disklist. :( I never figured
out why it was being dumped every day.

Is there a way I can get amanda to tell me how many tapes I need?  She
should be able to report how many Gbs of each level there were to be dumped
each day.

I have about 170Gb of data to be backed up right now, and 22 40Gb DLT8000
tapes in my tape cycle (2 weeks; 2 tapes per day).  How can I figure out if
that's enough?

Thanks,

Bart
--
Bart Brashers                   MFG Inc.
Air Quality Meteorologist       19203 36th Ave W Suite 101