On Friday 19 July 2002 07:48, Burgess, Adam wrote:
>I'm running RH7 using xinetd and Amanda 2.4.2
>
>thanks
>Adam

First, turn off the html in your message.  Its "purty" and all that,
but on this hi-res screen it uses a font of about 3 points. Very
small...

Then, have you installed a file in /etc/xinetd.d called amanda to
tell xinetd how to handle amanda?

It will something like this:
# default = off
#
# This is the list of daemons & such it needs
service amanda
{
        disable = no
        socket_type     = dgram
        protocol        = udp
        wait            = yes
        user            = amanda
        group           = disk
        groups          = yes
        server          = /usr/local/libexec/amandad
}
service amandaidx
{
        disable = no
        socket_type     = stream
        protocol        = tcp
        wait            = no
        user            = amanda
        group           = disk
        groups          = yes
        server          = /usr/local/libexec/amindexd
}
service amidxtape
{
        disable = no
        socket_type     = stream
        protocol        = tcp
        wait            = no
        user            = amanda
        group           = disk
        groups          = yes
        server          = /usr/local/libexec/amidxtaped
}
---------------------eof--------------------

Of course you'll have to adjust the group entry to match what you
gave amanda at ./configure time before you built it.  Now, if you
DIDN'T build it, but used the rpms, then there is another gentleman
here who can probably help you better, and I'll shut up because I
don't know about them.  I also did a quick scan of my history here,
about 5000 messages, without seeing a post that would give his
name.  Its here, I just can't find it.  No insult intended.
Memory, second thing to go you know.

However once the above file is edited and  installed, then a
"service xinetd restart" will probably enable things.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M