Hi,

I'm using amanda 2.4.3b3 on my Linux machine, I am just trying to backup one directory
on
this one machine and I'm having probems. When I run amcheck I get:

WARNING: dataserv: selfcheck request timeout.  Host down?
Client check: 1 host checked in 29.993 seconds, 1 problem found

I have ran amandad manually and when I checked the log/debug files afterwards I found
this at the bottom:

amandad: dgram_recv timeout after 30 seconds
amandad: error receiving message: timeout
error receiving message: timeou
amandad:pid 7975 finish time Mon Jul 29 12.48:07 2002

Does this mean there is a problem with amandad?

I would be grateful for any help!

Thanks,

Jane.