--On Tuesday, August 20, 2002 15:19:14 -0700 Schlomo Schwartz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- Jim Summers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> 1. the amanda hosts exists on all participants
>> 2. format correct?
>>    <hostname> <amandausername> || <hostname.domain>
>> <amandausername>
>> 3. the file is in the amanda user home.
>
> Here's the contents of my /var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts
>
> lin01 amanda
> lin01.foobar.com amanda
> localhost amanda
> localhost.localdomain amanda

Didn't your original post give an error message about amanda@lino02 (I
can't check it in the archives since yahoo stripped most of the error
thinking it was an email address).  Look for the error message that
says

[access as amanda not allowed from [EMAIL PROTECTED]] amandahostsauth failed

and make sure that whatever is after the '@' is the first field and
the name before the at (amanda in this case) is the second field in your
amanda hosts.

--
Frank Smith                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Administrator                                     Voice: 512-374-4673