--On Thursday, September 12, 2002 15:54:43 +0200 Kablan BOGNINI <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I am using HP DDS-3 tapes for my backup. I've tried to
> get the correct values for my tape. But tapetype gives
> this result:
> define tapetype HP-DDS3-DAT {
>     comment "just produced by tapetype program"
>     length 9860 mbytes
>     filemark 0 kbytes
>     speed 840 kps
> }
>
> I think this is not correct because I've a DDS-3 125M
> tape with 12GB.
>
> Could someone give me more accurate values for this
> tape or point me to doc ?

You probably have compression enabled on your drive, and
it is making tapetype's data bigger.  Try turning off the
compression and re-running tapetype.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Administrator                                     Voice: 512-374-4673