--On Thursday, October 10, 2002 12:15:37 -0700 Jerry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am a little confused but I thought amander never
> appends.  I noticed when I do amadmin find I see
> backups on a different file location.
>
> i.e.
> 2002-10-09 bolla    /             2 daily7
>                        4 OK
>

> System bolla, drive / backup level 2, *file* 4.
> Does amanda append if it's in the same run?

Yes, an entire run goes on 1 (or more) tapes.  Each disklist entry is a
separate file on that tape.  The 'Amanda won't append' quote means that
today's run won't append to yesterday's tape, even if there is plenty of
free space left on it.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Administrator                                     Voice: 512-374-4673