--On Thursday, October 10, 2002 14:18:06 -0700 John Koenig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Related question....
>

>> A single amdump run if larger than a single tape can be placed on
>> multiple tapes if the runtapes parameter is > 1.
>

> I have a scenario with a changer wherein the runtapes is 1 however some days it does
>not manage to schedule the backups such that it uses only one tape...
>
> Are there some guidelines one can use to modify  parameters in amanda.conf such that
>the behavior of AMANDA changes enough to use one tape per run instead of one tape 70%
>of the time?
>
> Or should I post a representative history of my amdump summaries with the hope that
>someone can make specific suggestions, that way?

Just set runtapes to 2. If the second tape isn't needed it won't be used.
runtapes just defines the maximum number of tapes to use per run.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Administrator                                     Voice: 512-374-4673