Actually, I run amrecover on a client that has xfsrestore on it...
after I run amrecover, sethost, setdate, setdisk, add files then when
I run extract, I got the following message:

EOF, check amidxtaped.debug file on backupserver.edu
amrecover: Can't read file header
extract_list_child returned non-zero
status:1
continue [?/y/n]?

So, any idea why it can't restore?

Thanks,

Zhen Liu

-------------------
> On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 at 10:21am, Zhen Liu wrote
>
> > Thanks so much for your advice...it seems to recognize the xfsdump
and
> > do the backup...however, when I try to test the xfsrestore using
> > amrecover...it can not use the xfsrestore...
> >
> > So, my question is does amrecover support xfsrestore for the
current
> > amanda 2.4.3 version? or are there any ideas how to make amanda
using
> > xfsrestore?
>
> Where are you running amrecover?  Obviously, it has to be on a
system that
> has xfsrestore.  It "should" work.
>
> --
> Joshua Baker-LePain