> Amanda cannot span one file across more than one tape, and because
> of the potentials for a disaster in such things as re-ordering the
> tapes on recovery, or any one of the other things that Mr. Murphy
> is famous for, it isn't likely that amanda ever will have that
> ability programmed in.

Thats a shame, I've persisted using amanda as it has all the features I want except
for this one.  I had hoped that this functionality would appear soon.  I always
thought that one of the best features of Amanda was its ability to enforce correct
tape usage, therefore I can't see why that should be a big issue.  This is the one
thing that is stopping me consolidating all my unix/linux backups onto amanda.  I know
you can split one partition into smaller sections using options to tar, but given the
way the filesystem changes frequently I'm not happy to trust this (its easier and
safer to stick with ufsdump)

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk +44 (0)20 8566 5000
This message (and any attachment) is intended only for the recipient and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material. If you have received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete this message immediately. Disclosure, copying or other
action taken in respect of this email or in reliance on it is prohibited. BMRB
International Limited accepts no liability in relation to any personal emails, or
content of any email which does not directly relate to our business.