Hello fellow Amanda lovers,

Having some difficulty when compiling 2.4.3 on Solaris 8. Running CONFIGURE
script gives a warning that readline library is not installed, so no
indexing & other good options for amrestore, etc. (I do like those options
though and would like to have them!).

Anyway, READLINE (ver.4.2) is there. I even tried configure --with
libraries=/usr/local/lib (as this is where readline et al are installed..) -
same result. It does find readline/readline.h and readline/history.h, i.e.
header files, but not library itself..

Other detail -- if using readline 4.3 (latest release), this error does not
occur, but fatal error causes termination during MAKE stage.

Any similar experience and/or suggestions?..

Thanks,
Oleg

Oleg G. Svintsitski                      Phone:  734.615.6105
Systems Research Programmer              Fax:    734.647.0003
Orthopaedic Research Lab                 e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
University of Michigan