Hi

I am trying to get amanda to backup selected hierarchies on some remote machines, but the excluding syntax is confusing me.

As an example:

On machineA I want to back up the root partition, excluding /dev. I also want to back up /usr without backing /usr/src.

What I did was to create files called .amanda-excludes in / and  in /usr.

/.amanda-excludes contains the line

./dev

/usr/.amanda-excludes contains the line

./src

On the backup server, the amanda.conf file contains the line

exclude list "./.amanda-excludes"

in the dump type root-tar.

disklist then contains the lines

machineA / comp-user-tar

machineA /usr comp-user-tar

where comp-user-tar includes the definitions for root-tar

When the backup runs, all of the remote partitions get backed up, including the excluded directories.

What's wrong with my configuration?

=====

Regards

Gareth Howell